[Sca-cooks] Forest management (was ovens)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 29 21:47:43 PDT 2004

  MD/Marged asked:
> This brings up a question that has nagged at me for years. We moderns
> look at forests, woodlands and unkempt urban lots and see lots and lots
> of "dead and down" wood. Those of us who live in the West also see a
> catastrophic wildfire waiting to happen. But it took many, many years
> for those forests to get that way.
For various references on medieval forest management check those in
this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the Florilegium:
forestry-msg      (12K) 10/25/01    Medieval forestry.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/forestry-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas