[Sca-cooks] Cucumber salad

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 1 16:20:05 PDT 2004

I thought since everyone was talking about olives oils and vinegars this
summer, I would post the following recipe which crossed the screen today.
Looked like people might like it for the upcoming weekend.
It was posted by http://www.cookswares.com/discussions/salads7.asp which is
that discount mail-order cookware store just down the road from the War
in PA.

 From Taste of Home magazine
Marinated Cucumber salad

    6 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
    1 medium onion, sliced
    1 cup vinegar
    1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
    1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. dried oregano
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
    1/2 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning
    1/2 tsp. ground mustard

In a bowl, combine the cucumbers and onion.
In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients;
shake well.
Pour over cucumber mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Serve with a slotted spoon.  Yields 12 servings.

Meanwhile I have to mention  that I am leaving the list again to return
full-time to
the editing work at hand. If you need something e-mail me directly.

See you all in perhaps November on the lists again..

Johnnae  llyn Lewis