[Sca-cooks] Won a cooking contest

Aurore Aurore at HOT.rr.com
Wed Sep 1 20:26:49 PDT 2004

Well I did it I won a onsite period cooking contest.  I did two dishes, the first I planned on, the second was a last minite thought to enter.  First was Stuffed Grape Leaves, the meat went overnight so I changed to veggied Stuffed Grape Leaves, served with Lemon Yogurt Dip, Mint Yogurt Dip, and Spicy Cucumber Dip, not bad for a first time of doing them.  Second recipe was Hummus with Garlic and Black Olives, served with Pita Bread.  The Hummus was my winner.  Prize was the same as the last year winning when I placed 2nd in dessert and the first place winner give me his prize cause of winning another catgory, so I handed mine off to the Roasted Wild Pig.  I was surprised and happy.  Thanks everyone for their ideas, the hummus idea came from Stefan's site, but not the recipe.  Aurore Gaudin