[Sca-cooks] Chestnuts Chestnuts Everywhere

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:49:15 PDT 2004

Greetings,

We have moved into a new home that we love very much and we keep
learning things to love about the property. I am now the proud owner
of 2 very large chestnut trees. And I have more chestnuts than I could
even care to harvest.

Being that chestnuts when purchased are very expensive I thought I
would at least try to do something with this literal windfall. I know
that they are a period nut and I have found some interesting info in
the Florithingie - albeit some of it quite dated.

So, if anyone has any interesting, period references to chestnuts to
share I would love to accumulate some recipes (read: as many as
possible). From all different time periods and cultures.

I do not know if it is worth the shipping charges, but should anyone
want some.....

Glad Tidings,

--Serena da Riva