[Sca-cooks] Chestnuts Chestnuts Everywhere

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Sep 20 10:55:53 PDT 2004

> Being that chestnuts when purchased are very expensive I thought I
> would at least try to do something with this literal windfall. I know
> that they are a period nut and I have found some interesting info in
> the Florithingie - albeit some of it quite dated.

Pleyn Delight, I believe, has a recipe for turnips with chestnuts. It
didn't turn out the way we wanted it when we tried it, but I think we
probably could have gotten something we liked better had we had a lot of
chestnuts to experiment with.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I have found some of the best reasons I ever had for remaining
at the bottom simply by looking at the men at the top." Frank Colby