[Sca-cooks] Totally OOP: looking for recipes with Marmite ...

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 12:54:50 PDT 2004

OK, the talk of beets and grits made me hungry, and I had brought no lunch. There are leftover bagels in the kitchen from breakfast; so I toast one and pull the Marmite jar out of the desk drawer.

There,  I've said it: I am a Yank who loves Marmite. And it wasn't like I was raised on the stuff; didn't have a bite of it until 4 years ago, some British coworkers persuaded me to try it, promptly loved it.

So what can you do with the stuff, except put it on buttered toast? Any of the Aussies who are on the list have any suggestions? That is, if any of them like or use Marmite at all ... I've heard tales of it used in soup stock, but how much?

Gianotta