[Sca-cooks] So what's new

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 28 06:27:29 PDT 2004

I'm "feasted out" for a while, having done Coronation in April.  I've been asked to do the dayboard for an event in March.  The feast (in which I am not involved), will have a Viking theme, in honor of the incoming royalty.  The autocrat doesn't care about the details, as long as the food is tasty, sufficient, within budget, and on time.   (She cheerfully admits that she has a Pelican's attitude towards feeding people.)  I'm planning on a Byzantine theme for the dayboard, and am privately entitling it, "Lunch with the Varangian Guard".

I've got Henry Marks' book on Byzantine cuisine, and have already found several good recipes in it.  Does anyone have any comments on Andrew Dalby's "Flavour's of Byzantium"?

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net