[Sca-cooks] whole wheat flour sources

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 18:25:09 PDT 2004

Bear, I know you are probably way out in Texas, and I am way over here in California, but where do you find this stuff?  Does this King Arthur do mail order?  And what sort of place would I be looking for to find bulk whole wheat pastry flour?

Thanks,
Samrah

Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
In the past, I've purchased a bulk whole wheat pastry flour which has very
little bran and is a soft flour between all purpose flour and cake flour.
King Arthur's White Whole Wheat Flour is a high protein whole wheat flour
that resembles unbleached flour. Both of these flours are probably very
close to "thrice-boulted" flour and the latter makes a fine loaf of bread
although the former is probably closer to Medieval flours.

Bear