[Sca-cooks] Libum recipe

Jgoldsp at aol.com Jgoldsp at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 23:36:29 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/3/2004 3:47:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sjk3 at cornell.edu writes:

> Cato's version of the recipe seems to call for a lot more cheese for an an
> approximately equal amount of flour and egg, if I'm remembering my flour
> weights (4 cups per pound).  Would Cato's cheese have been more liquid?
>
> Sandra

Flour by weight is different from by volume as in the number of cups of flour
needed in a recipe. A cup of white flour by weight is about 4 and a half
ounces wheat flour is slightly heavier by about half an ounce and stone ground
organic is the heaviest and produces the most chew in your product.