[Sca-cooks] Verjuice, and whole wheat bread

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 4 21:56:30 PDT 2004

  Elianne of ynys Enlli asked:
> Does anyone know of a reasonably inexpensive source for verjuice? I
> just
> bought a bottle for sixteen bucks, but that's got to be somewhat over
> market, right?

Maybe. Maybe not over market. Wines, for instance, range in price from
a few dollars to hundreds of dollars per bottle.

I would recommend the Pepperer's Guild. They still had some verjuice to
sell at Pennsic.

You might also check this Florilegium file:
verjuice-msg      (81K)  6/14/01    Medieval verjuice. Modern
substitutions.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/verjuice-msg.html

Stefan
--------