[Sca-cooks] Re: What would you do?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 7 04:49:19 PDT 2004

The determination of whether or not it is an SCA activity is, did the
seneschal sanction it as an SCA activity?  The seneschal is the corporation
executive and deciding on which activities the group officially does or does
not support is part of the function of the office.

An individual or a group of individuals can solicit money for any reason
they choose, support the Red Cross, support the SCA, support al-Queda.  The
solicitation may or may not be illegal in and of itself.  The individuals
may or may not commit fraud.  As long as the benefitting organization is not
actively or passively party to the solicitation and is only the recipient of
the funds after the fact, there should be no problem.

If a person who is an officer of the corporation is involved in such a
solicitation, there is a quaestion as to whether they are acting as an
individual or as a corporate officer, and it opens the door to some
potentially nasty legal snarls.  Therefore, corporate officers should not
participate in private fund raising,

Bear