Oops--[Sca-cooks] Conversion from butter to oil?

SEBD at aol.com SEBD at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 20:00:06 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/7/04 10:28:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ranvaig at columbus.rr.com writes:

> This is what I meant to say. It works for all vegetable/olive oils.
> >
> >1 teaspoon butter = ¾ teaspoon oil
>

> Except that all these came out as meaningless
> graphics, not fractions.  Could you please repeat
> it but type out the fractions?

Gee, I am sorry. I have no idea why it looks like that on your side of the
screen. Let me try it again.

1 teaspoon butter = 3/4 teaspoon oil

1 tablespoon butter = 2 1/4teaspoons oil

2 tablespoons butter = 1 ½ tablespoons oil

1/4 cup butter = 3 tablespoons oil

1/3 cup butter =1/4 cup oil

1/2 cup butter = 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil

2/3 cup butter =1/2 cup oil

3/4 cup butter = 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon oil

1 cup butter = 3/4 cup oil

There are probably some decent web sources on substituting applesauce for
part or all of the oil. I'd concur with the gentle who mentioned that this is
another way to make a tasty treat.

If you've got a bunch of old bananas, you can always chunk and freeze them.
Th skins go black, but that's ok. The bananas are great added to a smoothie
recipe or on their own or with a chocolate sauce.

Elianne
who has developed a mad passion for frozen
grapes