[Sca-cooks] Stuffed grape leaves

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sat Sep 11 10:33:06 PDT 2004

> (I'm feeling like I'm coming down with something. So off to bed. Why
> does this have to happen on Friday night rather than say, Monday? Sigh)

*sends virtual chicken soup*
*and a cup of bengal spice tea with honey*

Hen in Broth
Stewing Chicken, 6.9 lb, cut up.
Broth:  4 -48 oz cans college inn broth
Wine:   1 cup
Parsley: 1 bunch greens chopped
Minced Onions:  2 very large onions
Pepper:  10 peppercorns coarsely ground; 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Cloves:  20 cloves
Maces:  1 tsp ground
Saffron: 1.5 generous pinches
Salt:  to taste
Vinegar: 1/4 cup.
Powdered Ginger

Put chicken in pot, cut up. Add broth, wine, onion, parsley, spices.
Cook until it is half done. Add vinegar (with or without bread crumbs).
Cook until it is done. Add ginger and any more seasoning.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"There oncewas a man who said D--n!/It's born upon me that I am
An engine that moves/In predestinate grooves
I'm not even a bus, I'm a tram!"