[Sca-cooks] Stuffed grape leaves

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 12 17:49:46 PDT 2004

Samrah replied to me with:
> I was
> writing an article for my Shire's newletter which I finished. I checked
> out the Florilegium.  Was hoping for good, solid primary source type
> documentation which I was unable to find.
Yes, sometimes it is there. Sometimes it isn't. Sometimes because
someone just hasn't come forward with the info, yet. Which is why I
leave in even the guesses and iffy items. Sometimes the supporting info
*does* show up later. such as the info that came up in reply to your
original question. Still nebulous, but better than before.
> Found the references to
> stuffed eggplant & fig leaves, and connected the dots a bit for our
> beginners as an introduction to my "pet" dolmas recipe.
I'm not sure if the stuffed eggplant and the fig leaves were in the
dolmas file or you found this other one, but perhaps others might be
interested in this other file.
veg-stuffed-msg   (21K)  4/ 3/01    Period stuffed vegetable recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/veg-stuffed-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas