[Sca-cooks] Re: Yes, it's gross, but I'm curious . . .

Brett McNamara brettmc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:40:53 PDT 2004

I don't think of kumiss as being brewed so much as, um, nutured.

Trying to milk a horse is an act of desperation in anyone's book.
Hanging the result in a bladder in the doorway to find it's way to
fermentation is certainly wishful thinking.  Taking the swollen
bladder and declaring it potable is blind faith.

Watching someone trick their best friend into drinking the stuff when
the Tully's run out; priceless. ;)

Seriously, the stuff is wretched.  Go to a middle eastern market and
try out some kefir drinks.  If you're still interested, well, good
luck and don't be too far from a functional bathroom.

Wistan