[Sca-cooks] Hog, etc roaster for sale, on line...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 14:42:47 PDT 2004

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> But let's say 50% is a reasonable rule of thumb
> for a dressed pig --
> figure on somewhere around 50 lbs raw pork
> muscle meat from a 100-lb
> pig. Roughly 70 servings...
>

> Adamantius

What is your formula?  Why 70 servings from 50
pounds of "muscle meat"?  I would have thought
that it would be closer to 100 servings, if the
pork were the only meat and closer to 200
servings if there were other meats served along
with the pork.

To my way of thinking, 1/2 pound of meat is a
very generous serving for almost anyone.  And
a 1/4 pound of meat along with several other
1/4 pounds of other sorts of meat would be very
very ample.  When I do a multi-course banquet and
serve about 1 pound of combined meats per person,
they usually go away so full that they don't want
to eat again for several days.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.