[Sca-cooks] I survived Ivan

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 16 23:28:59 PDT 2004

>Just a note to let y'all know I survived.  Despite 65 mph wind gusts and 6"
per hour of rain, my home came through unscathed.  The RV leaked a bit
during the worst of the wind, but will be okay once it gets dry again.  All
my loved ones seem to have been as lucky.
>I'm glad we are 145 miles inland.
>Mordonna

So glad to hear that you're ok.  Any word from the folks in Pennsacola
(??sp) or southern Alabama?  Ivan sounds like he lived up to his sobriquet!
Kiri

We've heard from folks in Auburn (east central AL) about tornadoes, wind and
power outages - although nothing worse than trees through roofs.  From what
I gather, the folks on the Gulf Coast are largely without power, so no word
from any of them yet.  Several of our folks were considered 'essential'
personnel by either their military or medical employers, and so were staying
for the duration.
Hi, Mordonna - glad to hear from you - slowly we start getting word from
south of here.  The rain has quit now in Atlanta, the wind has picked up
though, and I'm betting we loose trees overnight.  We have the back porch
door tied open because it kept banging around.
On a food-related note - my Middle Ages class was on Food today - I only had
5 of the 9 kids I expected, but they loved it - including one young man that
declared it all to be the best food he had ever eaten anywhere - gotta love
reviews like that!
:)
Christianna