[Sca-cooks] national talk like a pirate day

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Sep 17 09:22:17 PDT 2004

> Oh, no not again!!
>
> 98% of that whole "talk like a pirate" thing comes from Robert Newton's (Long John Silver, Treasure Island, Disney, 1951) decision to talk like the dock workers in his native Devonshire did when he was a child...

That's interesting factoid.

Brandu, rest assured that most people view 'Talk Like a Pirate Day' as
being the same as "Talk like a Klingon Day" or whatever-- based on
fiction, not fact.

Get yourself a rum and coke and kick back and relax.

-- Jadwiga, who is making a list of things she is going to kick back and
relax about. :) It's a loooonggg list. :)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I have found some of the best reasons I ever had for remaining
at the bottom simply by looking at the men at the top." Frank Colby