[Sca-cooks] national talk like a pirate day

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Fri Sep 17 09:33:21 PDT 2004

>As one other person said.....LIGHTEN UP!    Bertha

Gee, what if I decided to make a persona that basically talked about (and demonstrated) his "job" of spicing rotten meat into brown glop because he was a Castle Cook?

I have seen this list wax itself into a total froth over smaller matters than MY little bugaboo, thankyouverymuch.

I do happen to regard the canards of spicing rotten meat and "harrr pirates" to be equivalent mischaracterizations of history.

In any case, I have expressed my self, which is no more than I intended. So I _will_ pour myself a non period rum and non period Pinapple Soda (I think it's just better than rum and coke), and reread my Aubrey-Maturin books, and ignore the whole thing.

(I just wont do rum and Aubrey-Maturin in the SCA, natch)

Capt Elias

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery