[Sca-cooks] national talk like a pirate day

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 12:23:41 PDT 2004

Much empathy Capt!  I have to deal with the "I Dream of Jeannie" personnas.  Wondering why they don't just do period Indian.  And drumming that is too loud, too slow & too repetitive (& then drowns out the talented ones).  I never mind beginning drummers.  I have had health problems & so am not the dancer I once was, but some actually try to overpower those they could be learning from.....  Leaves me praying for a good Saxon bard, or maybe an Italian, or a Celt, somebody, eeeeeekkkk....

Samrah ~ the Ever Patient!

Jeff Gedney <gedney1 at iconn.net> wrote:
>As one other person said.....LIGHTEN UP! Bertha

Gee, what if I decided to make a persona that basically talked about (and demonstrated) his "job" of spicing rotten meat into brown glop because he was a Castle Cook?

I have seen this list wax itself into a total froth over smaller matters than MY little bugaboo, thankyouverymuch.

I do happen to regard the canards of spicing rotten meat and "harrr pirates" to be equivalent mischaracterizations of history.

In any case, I have expressed my self, which is no more than I intended. So I _will_ pour myself a non period rum and non period Pinapple Soda (I think it's just better than rum and coke), and reread my Aubrey-Maturin books, and ignore the whole thing.

(I just wont do rum and Aubrey-Maturin in the SCA, natch)

Capt Elias

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
- Antoine de Saint Exupery