[Sca-cooks] A new job

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 17 20:29:53 PDT 2004

kattratt wrote:

> Hmm I would like to make a suggestion for any of us looking for
> work... I have recently discovered an untapped area.  If you can get
> lucky like I did great but if not then go out and sell yourself and
> you might find a gold mine... Day Cares.  Please note that I am not
> referring to the run of the mill ones although those are a possibility
> as well... but shoot for the ritzy neighborhoods... the school I am
> working at now cost $1000.00 a month to attend... for South Carolina
> that is very expensive. So my suggestion is to sniff around those
> daycares and sell yourself I might have more insight in a year or two
> as I am seriously considering making that my business.  Nichola
> Just offering a tip.

Great idea...thanks for the suggestion.  There's only one problem:  I
have a problem dealing with very young children, especially in large
quantities.  So that's probably not a great idea for me.  I do have my
name on the list to do substitute teaching at local middle and high
schools...I can deal more easily with the older ones, usually.  The only
problem, of course, is that it is very sporadic, especially this early
in the school year.

One thing:  I am trying to find work writing resumes for people.  I
really do a great job at it, or so I've been told by several
professional resume writers.  So I'm hoping to get some work doing
that.  But I am continuing to try to find something full-time,
permanent.  I still haven't heard from the two interviews I had last
week...maybe early this next week.

Kiri