[Sca-cooks]Oats and Haggis (was: kids/ baked squash

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 18 18:28:56 PDT 2004

> >>  Mairi Ceilidh--How did this Scottish lass get so wrapped up in Italian
> >>  cooking?
> >
> >Probably the same way this Irish lass got involved in Spanish cooking.
:-)

> There's only so much you can do with oatmeal and haggis.
> --
> David/Cariadoc
> www.daviddfriedman.com

Ooooh, that sounds like a challenge.  There are many things that can be done
with oats (and there are many things that can be done with what of the sheep
is left after you make your haggis).  Why, even haggis is fairly versatile.
There's traditional haggis, my Americanized version of haggis ('cause you
can't always get all the pieces parts for the traditional version),
vegetarian haggis, baked haggis, fried haggis, haggis on a stick.....

I may have to reopen that chapter of research when I return from playing
with Jeanne and Karl.  See y'all in a week when we return from our cruise.

Mairi Ceilidh