[Sca-cooks] haggis on a stick

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 09:49:29 PDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:22:56 -0500, Stefan li Rous
<stefanlirous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Cadoc replied to me about my question of how you could have a haggis on
> a stick with:
> > I think if you lowered the oat content and added an egg to bind it it
> > would stay.
> Okay. Maybe. It still seems like it would crumble. One tap on something
> or a wrong bite and it seems like you would still have haggis but it
> would be on the ground, not on the stick. :-)

True - but it would then be "haggis that should be on the stick" :-)

You're supposed to catch the haggis before it hits the ground :-p

> > Or you could make it in an intestine peice (or casing) instead of a
> > stomach and add the stick upon completion.
> Yes, but would it be a haggis, then?

Dunno, it all kinda boils down to meatloaf in the end when some of the
ingredients are banned for human consumption.

It's as much haggis the versions that are made in a pan, or in a
pigs bladder.    I would be close to a haggis, but then it would
fall off the stick once the casing was removed.

Hmmmm...."haggis" sausages....I wonder.....

Cadoc