[Sca-cooks] haggis on a stick

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 09:53:57 PDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:34:52 -0700, Susan Fox-Davis
<selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> If I were to do this, I would use a method currently popular in Scotland
> these days and chill the haggis until firm, cut it into pieces of the
> general shape and bigness of a frankfurter, insert a stick and then dip
> it into batter and deep-fry.   This is still probably healthier than a
> Mars Bar or Twinkie onna stick anyway.
>
> Calm down.  Haggis is nothing but oatmeal dressing with lamb giblets.
>  Properly done, with lots of onion and salt and pepper, it is quite yummy!
>
> Selene

Well, the Scots deep fry EVERYTHING, including twinkes and mars bars....

I thought about the deep frying when I made my original post too.....

I've had haggis (with all the traditional ingredients and not) several times.  I
like lamb and lamb products so it isn't a problem for me.

Cadoc