[Sca-cooks] Period or no?

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Thu Sep 23 20:02:12 PDT 2004

Uhmmm ok sorry if I am reading wrong here but aren't some pottages
basicaly stew like?  I mean add a bit more liquid and it is a cream of
whatever soup.... from what I read in De Nola, Pottage seems to mean
moosh the hell out of it!!!
The gist of the recipes were like this ... (Warning the following is a
Nichola translation and not a period reference...)
Pottage of beef... Take cow meat, cut it into pieces, toss it into
boiling water and make stock.  Take out beef and pulverize... put some
onion in pot, add some other veggies.... (On Lent day use fish not beef)
;) Remove veggies and pulverise... add veggies and smushed beef back
into pot.  To finish sprinkle on cinnamon and maybe sugar.
The End.
(We now return you to your Nichola Free World.)