[Sca-cooks] Period or no?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Sep 24 07:19:30 PDT 2004

Also sprach Sue Clemenger:
>Pie floaters?
>--maire, wondering what she's missing....
>
>Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
><snipped>
>>>Stefan
>>>And I'm sure the Americans can come up with something on their
>>>hamburgers and pizzas which the Australians, or the Europeans,
>>>would never consider putting on there on their own.
>>

>>Americans are just jealous because they never invented the pie
>>floater ;-) !!!

You're not missing much, I suspect.

A pie floater is, I gather, a bowl of green pea soup with a meat pie
(probably the commercial, pub-type, hockey-puck-looking thing with a
filling of ground pork, breadcrumbs, and spices -- we hope) sitting
in the middle of it all. Presumably floating... and possibly
illustrating the principle that the whole is greater (or worse, as
the case may be) than the sum of its parts.

Allegedly an Oz thing...

Adamantius
Holt, 07/29/04