[Sca-cooks] Period or no?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Sep 24 08:47:23 PDT 2004

Also sprach Kirsten Houseknecht:
>1 what, if i may inquire, is a "Harvard Beet"?

Harvard beets are boiled beets, sliced, diced, or shredded, in a
sauce made from their cooking liquid, thickened with cornstarch or
arrowroot, with a little butter swirled in.

>2. the quote under your sig... she said that when?

On July 29th, as per the date stamp.

>  n response to what?

of the allegedly booming economy of the US as represented by the
creation of new jobs in cities, which neither equals jobs lost (even
in gross national numbers), nor the salaries of the jobs lost (in
spite of the reclassification of fast food workers as manufacturing
jobs). She said this after trying, unsuccessfully, to put the
reporter on hold and transfer him to her supervisor's line, leaving
him on a live line, fully able to hear what she said.

While I don't have the name of the reporter handy, Sheybani has
never, AFAIK, denied saying it. She later claimed she was joking. Har
de har har.

Adamantius
Holt, 07/29/04