[Sca-cooks] Chili and coleslaw?

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 09:11:16 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/24/2004 11:21:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mordonna22 at yahoo.com writes:
Actually, I thought a "Carolina Burger" was a bun, with chopped pork
barbecue, mustard based barbecue sauce, and coleslaw (made properly with lots of
mayonaise).  Didn't know that had degraded to a hamburger with chili and coleslaw.
The first is delectable, the second is just wrong...
I've had both, preferred the former, ESPECIALLY with the mustard based
barbecue sauce, but you forgot the dill pickles. I can't really get the tomato based
stuff myself...

As for grits, I've never seen the big deal about grits.  How could anyone who
eats farina or cream of wheat or polenta or even frumenty think there is
something low or coarse about grits?  Is it the name, or a cultural bias against
anything that smacks of Southern and Poor?
I like grits, was raised on them, but prefer the yellow corn type, as opposed
to the white hominy, just tastier. With LOTS of butter and bacon of
course...Now I'm hungry <G>.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke