[Sca-cooks] Period or no?

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Fri Sep 24 09:40:03 PDT 2004

The way I remember assisting my mother in making pickled beets (actually
very sweet) was boiling them and slipping the skins off of the beets, once
the cool enough to handle, you cut them up either into slices or quarters,
place them in glass jars and pour what she called a "standard" pickling
combination over them... this combination consisted of apple cider vinegar
and pickling spices and heated to a boil.

Lady Elizabeta of Rundel