[Sca-cooks] Re: beets

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 24 12:09:20 PDT 2004

I'm with you 100% here Papa.  We joke that I don't have the "beet gene"
which allows them to taste like much more than dirt (nasty dirt) to me.  I
have recently discovered how good beet greens can be, in fact I made a
Lombard tart with them and discovered it to be quite good.
So, no hamburgers for me in Australia (I don't eat beef anyway - so no big
deal), although a pie floater might still be interesting. ;)
Christianna

Sigh. All this talk about beets makes me nauseous. Beets are one of
the few foods that even the smell of makes me ill. I've tried beets in
all forms and they all pretty much suck for me. The only time I've
had a beet product I enjoyed was some borscht made by some
Siberian immigrants using produce from their garden and dairy.

On the other hand, I love beet greens. Go fig.

Gunthar