[Sca-cooks] Period or no?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Sep 24 21:22:43 PDT 2004

Also sprach drakey2 at iinet.net.au:
>Quoting Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com>:
>
>>  Tomato sauce? Is that the OZ equivalent of US tomato catsup?
>
>Close but not quite...  I think our stuff is a little less sweet...
>
>D.

So what's in it? Tomato ketchup (even American commercial sludge) is
still a recognizable variant on the basic theme of tomatoes, vinegar,
sugar, salt, and spices. Homemade is, of course, better, and brands
vary as to goshawfulness, but in the US it's basically illegal to get
too far from that basic formula and still call your product ketchup.
At least, tomato ketchup.

What's in your tomato sauce? Is it a bottled item or something you
have to make from real, live tomatoes?

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04