[Sca-cooks] Re: beets

Nancy Kiel nancy_kiel at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 04:40:14 PDT 2004

Some tasty 18th century recipes have you roast, peel, and thinly slice the beets, then cook them with butter, garlic, & vinegar;  you can also make them into Pink Pancakes or biscuits, or a tart filling, by boiling, peeling, and mashing them, then mixing them with flour, sugar & cream ( and maybe some other stuff--haven't made this recipe for ages) to your desired sweetness.