[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 16, Issue 83

amanda sears kissesmomof4 at msn.com
Sat Sep 25 07:38:45 PDT 2004

<<I don't notice the "dirt" taste some of you are referring >>

 I have had SOME beets that have an earthy dirt taste but not all beets I have eaten have been that way. I think it probably like most vegetables or fruit depends on the soil and how they are grown. On a side note, beets in our house are called "Barbie's favorite vegetable" because they are red and make everything they touch pink so Barbie would most definitely like them, that's what you get when you have a 4 year old girl I guess. We also eat "trees" and "green balls" I guess I really need some adults to talk with about food!
~Amanda~