[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 16, Issue 83

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 25 07:37:10 PDT 2004

Message: 3
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:22:58 +0800
From: drakey2 at iinet.net.au

There's also promite, which I'm not sure is worldwide or an Aussie thing.  I
prefer it over vegemite.  I think it's a yeast/vege boiled down spread with the
same axel-grease colour/consistency that marmite and vegemite have...  We also
have Australian made versions of vegemite too as it's owned by a yank company
and we feel uncomfortable have an Aussie icon in foreign hands...

Perhaps we need an indepth discussion on the merits/differences between them.

Drakey.

ps.  Australians are also not happy at an American company who trademarked 'Ugg
Boots' even though Aussies have been calling them that since the 70's...