[Sca-cooks] Next projects, was: period food, beets and a bunch of other things

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 27 04:23:00 PDT 2004

On 26/09/04 23:17, "Johnna Holloway" <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:

> I just couldn't believe that the list was back to beets and leaves again.
> Pumpkins maybe-- it's that season or even favorite apple recipes.
>
> So what are folks doing with their next feasts or projects?

The next big feast is our Baronial investiture feast in early March; I'm
doing a project with two brewers, they're going to prepare a different drink
to serve alongside each of the courses. Full menu to be posted when I've
made up my mind about what to serve!!! It should be mostly Italian, with a
few continental touches added.

Otherwise I'm doing one or two dishes for the King and Queen Rapier
Championship to be held here in January - Given that all the cooks of the
group are busy with other feasts this year (5 events in 6 months), we've
just split up the feast between all of us to make it easier.

> (Drakey was also wondering why beets and twinkies too I think.)
> Crown Tourney here in the Midrealm is doing the following--
> Feast Menu in late October.
> (Based on places Vikings would have visited...)

Sounds yummy... Maybe I should move to the Mid??? :-)

Petru