[Sca-cooks] diabetes and beets?

Avraham haRofeh avrahamharofeh at herald.sca.org
Mon Sep 27 15:25:47 PDT 2004

>> Not to mention they are very bad for you in terms of blood insulin
> response.  Anyone
>> who is remotely diabetic should stay clear of any beet root. < Cadoc
>>

> Oh, REALLY?  I have not heard of any such precaution  -- and I eat beets
> fairly regularly  {once a week}  could you please give me more details?

I'm afraid Cadoc is mistaken. Beets have a moderate glycemic index (64, on a
scale where pure glucose is 100) - lower than potato (85) or carrot (71). In
moderation, counted as a "starchy vegetable" exchange, beets are perfectly
fine for diabetics.

Reb Avraham haRofeh
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
Quarterly azure and argent, four mascles counterchanged
Random Tag: C code. C code run. Run code, run. PLEASE!