[Sca-cooks] thank you presents for staff members

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 28 07:18:11 PDT 2004

Gifts I have been given over the years --- charms,
necklaces, scrolls, baskets, thank-you notes, pottery,
candles, lots of things, including promises to help out when needed
in the future. When I have been in charge,
I usually have made it a practice to give books. I buy duplicates
of things to give as gifts. The last time I gave out Peter Brears All the
King's Cooks to someone who helped with a luncheon.
What I have always liked is being acknowledged in the feast/menu
notes for any donations or research help with my name spelled right,
a prompt check if I am being paid back for making something, and/or
the elusive tax letter if I ended up donating something.

Johnnae

Stefan li Rous asked: