[Sca-cooks] Rumpolt: Was ist einen Spensaw???

Tom Bilodeau tirloch at ravenstreet.org
Tue Sep 28 13:33:49 PDT 2004

A suckling pig as in a young piggy.

Tirloch

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-bounces+tirloch=ravenstreet.org at ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-bounces+tirloch=ravenstreet.org at ansteorra.org] On Behalf
Of Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 1:35 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Rumpolt: Was ist einen Spensaw???

Hullo, the list!

I was just wondering if anyone happened to have handy a better German
dictionary than mine: I've run across, in Marx Rumpolt's cookbook, a
reference to wursts "von der Spensaw", whose ingredients get chopped
and stuffed into guts "von der Spensaw". I assume it's an animal, and
possibly this is a very minor and temporary brain fart, but does
anybody know what a Spensaw is?

Many thanks!

Adamantius
Holt, 07/29/04