[Sca-cooks] Barm Brack

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 29 20:00:01 PDT 2004

Stefan, I was confused as well, but here it is.  You have raisins and lemon
peel as ingredients.  You soak the raisins and the lemon *peel* in the
water.
Now you understand?
Christianna

Phlip replied to my question about peeling raisins with:
> >> Soften the raisins and peel in warm water and drain thoroughly.
> > Huh? *Peel* the raisins?
> > How do you do this? It seems like it would be difficult and/or after
> > the skin is removed, that there wouldn't be much left.

> Stefan, love, what is the second ingredient?

Huh? "1 c candied lemon peel". So? I must be missing something, but
what do candied lemon peels have to do with peeling raisins? Take some
of the candied lemon peel, lick them and make your fingers sticky
enough to handle the grapes easier? :-)