[Sca-cooks] diabetes and beets?

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Sep 30 10:45:30 PDT 2004

beets are very high in sugar (yes even mundane beets. sugar beets are a much
worse issue, but a near relative...)
please bear in mind that as far as i can tell, EVERY person i know processes
vegetables differently.

corn is very high on most of the "glucose indexes" worse than carrots! and
carrots and beets are worse than say.. broccoli......
BUT
i know people who can eat carrots without any rise in their blood sugar, but
cannot eat ANY corn, and others who are the reverse.....
it seems to have to do with how your body processes certain veggies.

if they havent been an issue, dont worry about it, but they will raise blood
sugar in most people.....
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...