[Sca-cooks] Grade school Spanish

Joanne Clyde jmknoppe at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:57:29 PDT 2005

I am currently teaching Spanish in a Junior High in the Chicagoland area.  I
would like to do a couple of lessons on Medieval Spain.  Culminating in a
day where I wear garb (Spanish surcoat, etc.) and talk about stuff SCAdian
(sortof).

Does anyone have any good suggestions for things I can talk about for three
40 minute periods, so the kids get an idea about what Medieval spain was
like?  I've go so many ideas about so many things that I'm having problems
focusing on three main "big idea" subjects.  Remember, I'm teaching 6th, 7th
and 8th grade, so these need to be basic.

I would appreciate any help and suggestions you can give me.

Thanks

Geertruyt Robertsdochter.... a dutch persona trying to teach spanish to
apathetic 12 year olds.....