[Sca-cooks] East Kingdom Coronation Kitchen

Denise Wolff scadian at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 19:18:32 PDT 2005

Hi everybody!

I don't write much (generally a comment or two occasionally), but I wanted
to tell you all about what it was like to be in the kitchen at East
Kingdom's Coronation.

Generally, those who know me, know that I am not one to gush forth with
heaps of praise or an overabundance  of heart wrenching emotions (I tend to
play my cards close to the vest), so some here will be surprised that this
post even exists, let alone have my name at the end.

I simply have experienced possibly the best run kitchen I have had the
pleasure to be in in my 25 years in the SCA. I have been in a lot of
kitchens.... I have been in a lot of very good kitchens... I have been in
many good kitchens... and hopefully, I have actually run a couple of good
ones.

That said, I had the pleasure of working in Dietrich's (Von Swartzengrubber
,sp?>) kitchen .

It was professionally run, it was fully supported by extremely competent and
friendly staff (his household- von Halstern) and at all times it was a
marvel to behold.

Dietrich actually took the time to make every little detail extra special,
and it truly showed.

I know that he lurks here, I just wanted to let everyone know, that he is
truly an artist and he has my respect in all his endeavors in the wonderful
world of historical cooking. I'd love to see his recipes posted here.

Well, enough of this and back to my old self...
Lady Andrea MacIntyre

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within
himself. - Galileo Galilei

Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://homepage.mac.com/rickwolff/andrea/