[Sca-cooks] re: Spanish Lessons

wildecelery at aol.com wildecelery at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 06:23:45 PDT 2005

I am currently teaching Spanish in a Junior High in the Chicagoland
area.  I
would like to do a couple of lessons on Medieval Spain.  Culminating in
day where I wear garb (Spanish surcoat, etc.) and talk about stuff
SCAdian
(sortof).

Does anyone have any good suggestions for things I can talk about for
three
40 minute periods, so the kids get an idea about what Medieval spain
was
like?  I've go so many ideas about so many things that I'm having
problems
focusing on three main "big idea" subjects.  Remember, I'm teaching
6th, 7th
and 8th grade, so these need to be basic.

I would appreciate any help and suggestions you can give me.

Thanks

Geertruyt Robertsdochter.... a dutch persona trying to teach spanish to
apathetic 12 year olds.....

1. Architecture, with a focus on the muslim influence in Southern Spain.

2. Dance, with a focus on the difference between the Celtic-influenced
jota and the Middle-Eastern influenced flamenco (Which also has some
celtic-like elements)

3. Food- regional  variations

4. The various ancient provinces and what they're known for

-Ardenia

Highland Scot persona currently teach High School French and Spanish to
sometimes apathetic students
 list