[Sca-cooks] Library Challenge

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Apr 7 13:27:15 PDT 2005

I keep meaning to do this, and now I'm actually going to do it.

National Library Week in the US is April 10-16. (For info about it, see
http://www.ala.org/ala/pio/campaign/nlw/nationallibraryweek.htm).

I'm challenging... daring, even... those of you in the SCA do something
in the next two weeks. It's sort of an Alice's Restaurant kind of
dare. This is the challenge:
1. Walk into your local library (or the library you use).
2. Tell them you are in the SCA and/or into historic re-creation.
3. Make a donation. It doesn't have to be big. It can be a nickel. Or
a quarter. Look under the seat in your event wagon. Check your old
pouches. Whatever. If you don't have money, see if you have books for
the booksale at your public library.

You don't have to do this if you don't want to. But if you do, pass the
message along to other people. See if other people will be interested.
See if we can get a whole bunch of SCAdians into libraries in the next
two weeks...

Thank you for your time and attention....

Metressa Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, librarian with "four part harmony and
feeling"

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sybil: "Have you been upsetting people?"
Vimes: "I think I may let people upset themselves."
Sybil: "Good for you. You do that so well."
	-- Terry Pratchett, _The Fifth Elephant_