[Sca-cooks] More Artichoke/Cardoon

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 11:14:39 PDT 2005

> >At a cooking workshop at Duke Cariadoc's some among us cooked
> >cardoon leaves from His Grace's garden.
> >
> >But if that quote is true, one eats the roots (and possibly the
> >stalk), not the leaves...

Well, if you ate the leaves, and no one hacked up a gooey mass of cardoon fiber, then it appears
to be okay.

I believe the leaves of the cardoon are akin to the leaves of the common celery... you can eat
them, and they are fine, but the stalk and root are the more *commonly* eaten portion.

William de Grandfort
(Now working in the Pastry Shop at the fabulous Paris Hotel in Las Vegas!!)

Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.