[Sca-cooks] Frisian food and articles for the Florilegium

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 20 22:16:39 PDT 2005

Odriana replied to me with:
> I could write an article about Frisian food, in fact, I already have
> the write up that I did for the feast and could just make changes for
> you if you'd like.

Thank you. That sounds like it would be wonderful. That is already in a
polished form and I imagine that you have written it for an audience,
like me, who is unfamiliar with the Frisians or their food. This sounds
like it could be a good, general introduction to the subject. If there
is a bibliography in it, then folks whose interest is piqued can then
go further on their own, but this at least gives them a start.

And if you want to write a more extensive article or one for a more
knowledgeable audience then we could add that article later.

Folks, I am looking for all sorts and levels of articles for the
Florilegium. The audience that reads the Florilegium is likewise very
broad in their interests and previous knowledge and I'd like to have
something for everyone. I have everything from sometimes chaotic
collections of messages to short articles previously published in local
newsletters to TI articles and Compleat Anachronists and a Master's
Thesis.

Please let other friends and folks in your local groups know. Often
things like class handouts and A&S documentation can make good articles
for the Florilegium if they can stand alone without the class or the
physical A&S display. Since my standard policy is to accept updates at
any time, these class notes and A&S docs can always be replaced at a
later time with a more formal article. In the meantime, folks can be
learning from the info that is posted.

> Let me know what you're looking for and i'll just do a write up based
> on that request.

Again, thank you. I hope this answers your question(s). But if not,
please feel free to email me.

If folks have ideas for specific articles they would like to see,
sometime I *will* get around to creating and posting a list of article
requests and ideas on the Florilegium and I will add such suggestions
to that list.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------