[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 23, Issue 100

elisabetta at klotz.org elisabetta at klotz.org
Mon Apr 25 10:33:01 PDT 2005

> Most of your questions could probably be answered with
> reading Pasta. The Story of a Universal Food
> by Serventi and Sabban. Read the text and then check out the
> footnotes. It was translated and published
> in English in 2003 by Columbia University Press.
> http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup/catalog/data/023112/0231124422.HTM
> You could read the original Italian edition, if you want.
>  It's a really good source for all things pasta.
>
> Johnnae

I was thinking of buying this book, but was disappointed when I read the front
flap, and didn't.

Does it go into other types of noodles, and noodle myths (like the Greek's
eating them, which may or may not be true)? Or does it just cover Italian
pasta?

Here's a brief history of noodles:
http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/FOOD_IS_ART/pasta/historypasta.html

:)