[Sca-cooks] re. planning ahead, geese

KristiWhyKelly at aol.com KristiWhyKelly at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 11:55:45 PDT 2005

Please pardon the bandwidth for those not in this area but I thought it
might be of interest to some people.

For those of you who are interested, my source for cheap geese has let me
know that she is culling her flock about now.

If you are interested in serving goose for feast come fall or later you can
contact her and let her know what you would like to have for your feast.

There are conditions.  Though she will sell you the birds for about $5  per
bird, you will have to arrange for the slaughter and transportation of said
birds yourself.

She allowed us to slaughter and process the birds on site.  There was  water
available.  We had to set up saw horse tables and provided our own  ax, I
suggest that you make sure that yours is sharp before hand. ; )

The farm is outside of Spotsylvania, VA.

Grace

P.S.  if you are allergic to feathers you must take your medication  before
doing the slaughter.