[Sca-cooks] New Netherlands (was Re: When DID the Renaissance End???(was:Nocino,period cordial or not

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 27 07:14:35 PDT 2005

Andrea (Grietje in nlhg) says:

My other time waster hobby.... http://www.nnlhg.org/

Later period in the Americas.
Thanks for this link. I grew up in Bergen County, N.J. Have you ever hooked up with the Bergen County Historical Society to do some re-enacting on one of their sites, like the Steuben House, the Campbell-Christie House, and Demarest House? These are 18th century rather than 17th century, but none of the original homes from the 17th century settlers have survived.

When I was a kid, my dream was to own one of the Dutch Colonial sandstone homes. There are still quite a few left in the area. Now I am in Bucks County, Pa., and now my dream is to own one of the stone Quaker farmhouses.

See you, and Mistress Jadwiga and Mistress Brighid, at Crown! Look for the redhead in some kind of Turkic-bellydance gear running around with a tiny guitar and the attention span of a gnat on crack.

Oh, and for the food-related content: what is a typically Dutch dish for the 17th century period in the New World?

Gianotta