[Sca-cooks] Coronation weather issues, was: Lenten cookbook

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 2 19:23:14 PST 2005

We got 'cher bad weather here, snow, sleet, pouring rain, wind gusts to 30
MPH, and sunshine in alternating bursts.  Ah, spring in Meridies, it was a
lovely Coronation.  Actually, the end of our outgoing Crowns last Court was
great, instead of our usual regicide, His Maj popped the question to Her Maj
as his last act, presenting her with a lovely ring.  (She said yes).  His
final words were "No bucket of gore could possibly out-do this, so we're
going to hand over our Crowns to the Great Officers and walk out" and they
did.  It was lovely.
(A note to the rest of the Known World - yes, we regularly have some sort of
theatrical ending to our Reigns, death, going off on Crusades or a
Monastery, taken off by fairies, etc.)
Christianna

Note that it doesn't specifically state that any of the recipes are
old; just that the tradition of religiously-inspired vegetarianism
and fasting is old...

It may have recipes for things like Carthusian (which is a sort of
vegetarian stuffed-cabbage "pudding" -- pudding in the clouty
dumpling sense, not MY-T-Fine), which may or may not have any real
connection to the Cathars...

Interesting, though.

Adamantius (AWOL from EK Coronation due to bad weather and
last-minute cancellation of travel plans)

eat cake!"
Rousseau, "Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04